A Lovely Little Night Stand…

This past weekend I painted a cute little nightstand that had been sitting around my house for a while waiting to have a makeover. This particular nightstand is in one of our guest bedrooms & was in desperate need of a facelift & some new cute hardware…

Before… there was a lot wear & tear…
After… Now we have pretty wear & tear. It’s always prettier when it’s on purpose.
Look at those cute feet.
I added these cute drawer pulls.
I painted the night stand a robins egg blue & after distressing it, I loved the finished product.
Sorry for the picture overload…. Just one more…
I hope you all are having a fantastic Easter… My husband is still gone for another two weeks.. & I’m a thousand miles away from my family, but remembering how amazing our God is & what this day is really about is making it a fantastic day for me as well! This weekend was full of time with some good friends. Also mowing the lawn & tons of yard work ( I know! I’m so proud & so is my hubby!) Also the “spring cleaning” will continue until my hubby comes home.. I want everything to be perfect for his homecoming. I have another night stand like this & I’m planning on re-doing it soon. If you are interested in buying one e-mail me at Lizmariegalvan@gmail.com or go to Liz Marie Blog Facebook Page & let me know. We can discuss color/price & all other details. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!!

Comments

1. The Old Block House says:

This is lovely! I really like the color. Thank you for sharing.

2. Sunshine says:

That is BEAUTIFUL!! Love the color, the legs, the distressing, the rug underneath, EVERYTHING!!

3. Liz Marie says:

@Sunshine Thank You so much!! I am falling in love with it's cuteness :)

4. Cassie @ Primitive & Proper says:

looks fantastic! i love the color and ditressing!

5. Impressed that my ugly old nightstand still had a second life in it! Cool! Looks great!

6. This looks amazing! The colour is fabulous and you've done a wonderful job with the distressing!

7. Krista@TheGatheringPlaceDesign says:

I LOVE it! The color is so sweet and it has the perfect amount of distress. Much better. Happy Easter to you:)

8. Very pretty…love the color!

9. It's so pretty. I have a piece or two that I want to do in blue, and I think this is the perfect shade.

x

10. I have a desk I want to redo. I have never redone any furniture before except strip my bar stool which I still have yet to finish. I really would like to redo my desk but sanding and stripping is such hard work any suggestions?

11. Decor & Harmony @ 4290 says:

Liz Marie,
    The table is "lovely" very nice transformation. I love the color and the texture that the distressing brings to it.

12. Beautiful transformation. I just finished the nightstands in our bedroom makeover. Love the color you chose. Also love the line "It's prettier when it's on purpose!" :)

13. Allison Shops says:

Cute and lovely! The color is perfect. I like the texture distressing adds. Dropping by from BNOTP.

Allison
    Atticmag

14. Kelly @ View along the way says:

Visiting from Dittle Dattle…
    This is gorgeous! I have a project like this to do soon… would love to hear more on how you distressed it!

15. Love it and the color is perfect!

16. Fishtail Cottage says:

I love this & the color is beautiful! Do you mind emailing what color you used? Would really appreciate it! xoox, tracie

17. I love it! Such a beautiful color.

18. Pink Princess says:

I love it too ♥ This color reminds me of the walls in my foyer lol. LOVE it. Hugs from the Netherlands and I just became a follower :)

19. jacin {lovely little details} says:

wow it is awesome!

20. I love it! I am re-doing an end table and have been thinking about doing a distressed blue…you just sold me! This is the look I want!

21. ApachesPrincess says:

This is great! I love the look! And I agree, rustic is so much prettier when it's meant to be! Very shabby chic-ish, but not overdone! Love!

22. So so so very Pretty!
    I'd love it and would love it if you linked up to this weeks Glitter link party! http://runwithglitter.blogspot.com/2011/04/running-with-glitter-6-link-party.html

23. Cottage Touch says:

Love it!
    Nice project and post.Thank you for sharing your inspiration.

24. You did a lovely job distressing this…it's a great look and beautiful color, too!
    Stop by to enter a coffee burlap bag giveaway!

25. andiejaye says:

so cute! i'm getting ready to do the same to my kitchen table! i love that robins egg blue….might have to incorporate that in my chairs!

26. The Cranky Queen says:

Great re-do…love the color and the aged look. You did good, girl! Visit me sometimes over at The Cranky Queen, Tiff

27. So cute, crisp and clean looking! LOVE IT!

28. Marianne says:

This came out so pretty. I just love the color and the way you have decorated the top with the frame and bell jar.
    Marianne :)

29. Courtney says:

This turned out SO CUTE! I want one :)

.new follower.

30. Liz Marie says:

@Mrs.De Hey!! I have a post about painting furniture.. http://lizmariegalvanblog.blogspot.com/2011/01/simple-steps-to-painting-furniture.html there is the link.. I really am a free spirit when it comes to painting furniture.. i make mistakes and go with the flow.. I really don't have "set rules" I'm too impatient for it.

31. Ali Richardson says:

THis is SO SO pretty! Great job :)

32. Such a great transformation! Love it!!!
    -emily
    nestnestingnested.blogspot

33. I so love this!

34. You did a great job and I love the color! I am a new follower! Come visit!
    dreaming-n-color.blogspot.com

35. The White House says:

What a great job. Love, love the colour! … :0)

Shirl x

36. Brooke @ Inside-Out Design says:

I love the new color; it's beautiful! My nightstands are crying out for a makeover…one of these days! Love yours!

37. Angie @ The Country Chic Cottage says:

I am totally your latest follower! Awesome nightstand..check. Awesome lamp shade…check. Awesome nests..check. HOLY SMOKES makeup magnetic organizer!! YOU ROCK! Gotta hit the follow button! :)

38. What a beautiful little stand! Great job with the distressing, I love it!

39. This is just gorgeous!! If you can find the time, I'd love for you to stop by and share this at the Tuesday To Do Party.

Smiles!!
    Jami

40. Jane @ Jane's Junk and Treasures says:

Beautiful!!
    I love the color!!!

41. I love the transformation! I just picked up two nightstands from a resale shop this weekend and am hoping to do something similar. I hope my finished project turns out as nice :)
    I'm following you from the link party.
    Renee@ http://reneeschirpings.blogspot.com

42. This is amazing! Definitely wish I had refinishing furniture tricks like you do!

43. lauren@WESTFURNITUREREVIVAL says:

great little end table.. adore the color

44. Kim @ A Brush of Whimsy says:

It looks so beachy now! Love it!

45. Love the nightstand. It came out amazing. Thanks so much for sharing at my Swing into Spring party.

46. OhioMomPatriot says:

The lighter color makes a world of difference! Thanks for sharing!

47. Anu@My Dream Canvas says:

Wow, I love this!! Very pretty. Looking forward to seeing you at My Dream Canvas. Have a great week!

48. Jennifer says:

This turned out so pretty, even with it's wear and tear! I LOVE the color! Nice work! Stopping by from DIY by Design.
    Jen
    Scissors & SPatulas

49. Heaven's Walk says:

What a beautiful job, Liz! I adore the color you chose, and your distressing job is just perfect! Your hubby will be so surprised when he gets home! :) Hang in there, girl! We're all here for ya!

xoxo laurie

50. Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage says:

What a great job on the night stand! Fab color!

51. Sally Lee by the Sea says:

I think I'm in love….with your night stand! It really is charming and the color is divine.

Happy Good Life Wednesday – I'm your newest follower. :O)

52. Marianne@Songbird says:

Yes wear and tear definitely looks better when it is distressing rather than signs of abuse :-)
    Love the makeover, that little table really came to life.

53. What a difference! This is adorable! Love the paint color!

54. Wendy @ Ramblings from the Sunshine State says:

It's gorgeous! I love the color and I love the decor on top!

Visiting from Elements Interiors!

55. Holiday Snob says:

So pretty! I'm wondering if I should try this with mine, but that's quite a project!!

56. SO cute! I love it and would love for you to join the Glitter Link Party! http://runwithglitter.blogspot.com/2011/04/running-with-glitter-6-link-party.html

57. I love this color! But I love all the colors you use!! I love those chunky legs!

58. Courtney ~ French Country Cottage says:

I just love it- the color is magnificent and so perfect!!! What a wonderful transformation! Would love if you would come share this at Feathered Nest Friday sometime too! :)

59. Hi there.

I “stumbled” the post you have at Makobi Scribe's new hop, and I ask you to return the favor. I put up the following links on her “stumble hop”:

http://acts17verse28.blogspot.com/p/blog-hop-for-every-day-of-week.html – a page listing hops for every day of the week

http://acts17verse28.blogspot.com/p/help-make-world-better-place.html – a list of charities which are highly rated for using your charitable donations for the purpose you intended

http://acts17verse28.blogspot.com/p/here-are-some-great-recipes-to-try.html – a page for recipes – and there are some great ones here

http://acts17verse28.blogspot.com/2010/11/taking-faith-behind-bars.html – day one of a week-long series examining the death penalty

http://acts17verse28.blogspot.com/2011/03/expletive-deleted-thank-you-very-much.html – one of my more popular posts: “Expletive deleted? THANK YOU VERY MUCH!”

Thank you, and have a great week!

NCSue

60. Keenly Kristin says:

I LOVE that!! Great job!!!

Stumbled you…would love if you could stumble me back:

Thanks!
    Kristin :)

61. Sherry @ No Minimalist Here says:

I love the new color! Thank you for sharing your pretty transformation at my Open House party.
    Hugs,
    Sherry

62. LifeBelowZero says:
  63. Hi! I really like your blog and love this redone dresser! I'm following you everywhere: FB, GFC, and T. Have a good day!

64. So cute! I love how it turned out.
    Thanks for linking up to Thrifty Thursdays!

65. The distressing came out really well. Thank you so much for joining the hop. You have been stumbled! You can find my post here: Blog Hop Commenting

66. Stephanie says:

What a beautiful color! Would love to learn how you mastered the distressed look!

Stumbled your post, here's mine: herb soap tutorial

Thanks!

67. Another fan of that color. I think I need to do my whole bedroom that color, I just love it. It turned out fantastic on this little dresser. Great job.

68. Screaming Sardine says:

Wow, that is gorgeous. I love robin's egg blue – so pretty. But when it's put on a cute night stand and distressed, it's out of this world. Love the little "feet" and the door pulls. What a great piece!

You're more than welcome to link up at the Sunburnt Cow link party.

Cheers,
    Tracy All Thumbs Crafts

69. Stumbled this post from the Stumble Through Thursday hop at Makobi Scribe. It is a very nice nightstand. I like the color.

70. I just wanted to let you know that I am featuring this on Sassy Sanctuary today. Love it!

71. poindextr says:

Liz Marie, excellent job! It's really adorable and your color selection is perfect for that small table. Jumping here from Chic on a shoestring's linky party. ~diane

72. reanaclaire says:

hello..STumbling by here.. hope u drop by too..

73. Wow, I love that patina and color!!

74. You have been Stumbled. This is so cute, and such a great way to add original pieces to your home. I did the same with my dressers, I love how they look!

I am following you all ways available as well. :-) Have a wonderful weekend!!

Angel
    Chasing Serenity

75. Lindsey @ Inspiring Creations says:

I LOVE this! The transformation is amazing! :)

76. I LOVE your blog! I am a new follower from the blog hop! Hope you will come follow me back! Thank you.

77. Love it! Love the color and distressing.

78. Madigan at madiganmade says:

Lovely! What a beautiful color. And I love the pulls!

79. Following from Saturday Stalk Remix!

80. Hi! Totally luuuuv this! Beautiful color and it turned out fantabulous!!! :) Justfound your blog and joined,going to have fun looking at all the little goodies on the site. Take care and have a wonderful weekend

81. Rachael@Lovely Crafty Home says:

Beautiful, thanks so much for linking up. Love your blog! Can I ask what color you used?

82. My House of L says:

Looks great, that color really makes the white lamp pop!

83. A Vintage Vine says:

Great job..love the color! It fits perfect in your room!

84. spearmint baby says:

that looks sooo amazing!

following via the blog hop :) be sure to link up for our Alexa hop this week too:

xo, shari

85. donatella says:

it came out great! love the aqua color and the knobs. stunning!!

86. LOVE the color. Maybe already answered, but what is the brand and color? Thanks for linking up!

Toni
    A Bowl Full of Lemons

87. The Mommy Therapy says:

Look fantastic! I love the color and the knobs are adorable!

Thanks for sharing.

Visiting from Amanda's Weekend Bloggy Party!

88. Susana says:

what color and what kind of paint is that? I looove it!

89. Amanda @ Serenity Now says:

Just stunning! Love the new paint job. The knobs really change up the look too.

Thanks for joining my Weekend Bloggy Reading party! If you could please add a link back to me too, I'd really appreciate it. I'm really trying to grow this party, and those link backs help me get the word out. Thanks!

90. helena frontini says:

I love this kind of furniture.

91. Jennifer says:

Wow – this came out so pretty – love the drawer pulls! I hope your husband has a safe return. Much kudos to you for mowing your lawn :o)

– Jenn @ Social Salutations

92. Love the nightstand and the finish on it. It looks amazing! Goodluck with spring cleaning! I'm visiting from Sherry's Open House Linky Party. Stop by sometime.~Poppy

93. Kerrie Lightfoot says:

Wow. Great job. Love the color.

94. Jen-CraftOManiac says:

Hi Liz- I have noticed now that on my CraftOManiac Monday link party you come by my blog and link up, but you aren't linking back and that is part of my rules. Its courtesy to do so and polite. I have searched your blog looking for anything that would show you are linking to CraftOManiac, but I come up with nothing. I would love for you to join in my link party but I have had to delete your entries each week because I am not linked at all. I hope this can be fixed and would be glad to have you link each week. Thanks so much, Jen

95. Rachel says:

Love the pale aqua! And the white vignette is PERFECT!
    Visiting from Dittle Dattle – stop bye and say hi!
    ~http://cookscleansplayswithpaper.blogspot.com/

96. Brandy says:

beautiful!!! this is so what i want to do in my master bedroom!

97. Kathryn Michelle Jenkins says:

I love the color!!!! what a transformation. I really really love it.

I'm a new follower!
    kathryn

98. ~Iffy~ says:

What a cute transformation! Stopping by from the Twice owned Tuesday party! And yes distressed is always better when you do it on purpose lol

99. Cherished Bliss says:

How cute. That color is stunning!! I hope you will stop by and share at my party, Craft and Tell Tuesdays.

100. Beverly @ FlamingoToes.com says:

This is sooo pretty! I love the color and the white accents really set it off! Thanks so much for linking it up to Think Pink Sundays! I'm sharing on my FB page!

101. ADORABLE! I love the simplicity of the nightstand AND the decor on top! Some people, such as yourself, just have oodles of talent!

102. Nicolette @ Momnivore's Dilemma says:

Liz Marie-

That color is stunning!

Thanks for linking up to Creative Juice Thursday. Hope to see you back again with new ideas this week…

103. Kate @ Chic on a Shoestring Decorating says:

I love it! Thanks for linking up to Flaunt it Friday. :)

104. Keenly Kristin says:

Ha! Stopping by again…I got all excited, because I thought it was another nightstand that you did! LOL.

Stumbled you…would love if you could stumble me back:

Thanks!
    Kristin :)

105. Chauny says:

I just stumbled you! :) You can follow me on Stumbleupon to make it easier to check my stumbles in the future http://www.stumbleupon.com/stumbler/sblossoms/

106. Laura-A Goddess of Frugality says:

Very cute. Such talent:) Stumbled this.

Laura

107. Callista says:

To be honest, the look isn't my style but you are good at altering furniture. I'd have made it look worse or messed it up somehow LOL.

I stumbled this.

My posts: (2 different blogs)
    Pressure to Stop Breastfeeding

Cutting Edge Therapies for Autism – Point to Happy

108. Jennifer says:

2nd time I have been here and stumbled :) You have been stumbled by Makobi Scribe My post to be Stumbled is at How to use Ping-o-matic So sorry for the cut and paste, but I wanted you to know you have been Stumbled even though I am in the middle of the I Love My Mommy event!

109. Nicole says:

Can you please share the color you used? I love it!

110. Shelly says:

I absolutely love this, it is just gorgeous!

111. Christina {The Tattered Tag} says:

Liz Marie~

You are so talented!! Thank you for sharing your creativity at my blog bash K.I.S.S. Thought for sure I was following your blog already, but now I know for sure I am. Happy to be your newest follower. :) Hope to see you on Sunday for another blog bash.

Drop By The Tattered Tag

112. Sarah @ The Bird's Papaya says:

I love this! what was your paint technique?

113. Crystal says:

Love the color!

114. Jessica@MakeItLovely says:

So pretty! We share a love of things lovely! Come check out my blog – http://www.makeitlovely.com
    xo

115. Perfumes Importados says:

Cute! I love this paint technique.

116. sunshinequeen says:

Nice- mind sharing what color paint you used?

117. I LOVE this! Can you tell me what color and brand this is? I’ve been searching for the perfect blue, just like this! thanks!!

118. Helpful info. Lucky me I discovered your website by accident, and I’m shocked why this twist of fate didn’t happened in advance! I bookmarked it.

119. This is beautiful! The color looks great especially with the darker color showing underneath. I’m your newest Linky follower!

Barbara @Chase the Star

120. Would you mind sharing the paint color/brand info? Love!

Trackbacks