Bird Nest Shadow Boxes…

As many of you know our master bedroom is currently getting a much needed makeover. This weekend I decided to make some art work for the walls. My love for birds & nests & shabby chic were all combined in these lovely Birds nest Shadow boxes

I love the natural look of the nests & the warmth they add to the room.
I got these shadow boxes on clearance at Michaels for Three Dollars.. better yet they came with burlap as the background in the boxes, perfect, because that’s what I was going to use anyways! I painted the shadow boxes white & Removed the backing on the shadow boxes because the nests were too large to fit with the backing. I glued the burlap background to cardboard I had cut out to fit the back of the shadow boxes & than proceeded to glue the nests to the background. TA-DA.. Bird Nest Art….
& Here is a Reveal of the new bedroom Wall Color!!!! So different from before.. I am not ready to reveal the whole room yet. But stay tuned because it’s dramatic!!
These nests I bought at a local craft store. I am sure you could find them anywhere. These conveniently came in packs of four for $3.99. I think more art work will be added to this wall along with these shadowboxes for a more eclectic look.
A little Close-up of the cute little nests… & the shabby chic shadow boxes
This is one thing I was working on over the weekend, along with some continued spring cleaning. I don’t think spring cleaning ever ends for me.. I am so ocd about cleaning that’s it’s like “year round cleaning” all the time at the Galvan household. Some of my spring cleaning this weekend included: Setting up our new filing cabinet & filing all of our documents, cleaning all base boards, Selling a bunch of stuff on our local “yard sale” web page, & getting a bunch of donations ready to go to Goodwill, what have you been up to this weekend?

Comments

1. I am a new GFC follower from the Let's Get Social hop ~~
    Karen
    ~Mommy's Moments~

2. thats adorable

3. This is awesome! So cute and simple! Will you keep them up year-round or alternate different seasonal shadow boxes?

4. Love your blog-such creativity-your nests are divine!!

5. I did a little clearing out — set things aside for goodwill, and consignment – and made 'corrections' to a project I'm working on, so hopefully I can get to the "Art" part soon! After all, the art is the fun part:)

6. Liz Marie says:

@Brenda Sounds like a very productive weekend!!!

7. Love the bird nest wall art! Super cute! All of the bird nests out there in blogland this spring have also inspired me – check out my bird nest apothecary jar when you have a chance.

Thanks for sharing! Love the wall color too!

~Jess @ makingoverthemartins.blogspot.com

8. Jen-CraftOManiac says:

Super shabby sweet. lOVE it!
    Also, I have had to delete links that don't link back to C.O.M. I don't see C.O.M. linked anywhere, if I am mistaken I am sorry. Thanks-jen

9. Jennifer Rodriguez says:

Those are fabulous!! Such a great natural touch..
    Visiting from C.O.M.

-Jennifer
    allthingsbelle.blogspot.com

10. Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made says:

Love this! The simple layout and colors are fantastic! Looks like something from a "high-end" catalog!

11. They are lovely and sweet.

x

12. I may have overlooked this, and you may have already posted about this, but I would absolutely give ANYTHING to see a post with a step-by-step how YOU make all of your things shabby-chic WHITE looking! They look so PERFECT and antique-y. I'm not very decorative savvy, and step-by-step would be amazing whenever you get the time! :D I love all of the re-do's of things you do!

13. Oh my yep these are too cute. I need one. NEED. Great job and thanks for the idea!

14. Holiday Snob says:

Love this! Stopping by from Craft-O-Maniac!

15. Oh those nest shadow boxes are just brilliant! I love a bargain craft project!

I would love if you came over and linked this project to my weekly Round Tuit party at:
    Have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success

16. Jodi Whisenhunt / Magical Mouse Schoolhouse says:

Those are so cute! Very unique spring decor :)

Don't forget to link up at "Tiggerific Tuesday! Blog Hop…or Bounce!" at http://www.magicalmouseschoolhouse.com!

17. Amber Victoria's Cottage says:

Cute! I am getting ready to make a nest under a glass dome. Birds and nests are so in now.

18. Stephanie says:

holy cow, you are one busy lady! I love all of your redos & ideas! Stopping by from Pay it Forward hop – I'm already a follower but stumbled your mason jar & white plate wall posts.

-Stephanie
    henry  happened

19. Amanda K @ Every Crafty Endeavor says:

What a great idea for a shadow box – so cute!

20. They turned out great! And I must say, I love your wall color :)

21. Krissy @ B.Inspired says:

I LOVE these! I am so drawn to nests and eggs. In fact, that's what we made this week, too. Thanks for the inspiration!

22. Cindy@Cinsarah says:

These are Lovey!!

23. They look so cute! What a great idea! Your newest follower..hope you can visit me sometime soon.

24. Tammy@Beatrice Banks says:

So adorable! I love this idea. Can't wait to see the rest of your room!

25. So shabby…so chic…so perfect! :)

26. I'm so glad you linked up this awesome project to my Swing into Spring party.

27. abeachcottage says:

Lovely project! Love how it turned out. Thanks for linking up at Beach Cottage Good Life Wednesdays and joining in the fun!

28. Tate Family says:

I just found your blog through your hutch picture on pinterest. I love your style. I have the same hutch and am wondering if you'd be willing to share any tips with me before I take on that moose of a hutch. Like did you prime, spray, brush, glaze.
    Thanks, Laura
    lauratate@cox.net

29. Delightful Order says:

This is so great! Would love for you to link to my delightfully inspiring Thursday Party.
    DaNita

30. Screaming Sardine says:

These are so pretty. So elegant in their natural simplicity. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
    Tracy All Thumbs Crafts

31. I love this project. The nests look great in the shadow boxes.

Thanks for sharing.
    Pam

32. Katherines Corner says:

I think this is so sweet. Well done, Happy Friday,Happy Good Friday, Happy Earth Day, Happy Jelly Bean Day ( yes it's actually jelly bean day)Hugs from Katherine. P.S have you entered my giveaway?

33. Lindsey @ Inspiring Creations says:

I love how those turned out! They look amazing, you did such a great job!

Would love for you to join my linky party! http://www.inspiringcreationsblog.com/2011/04/friday-favorites-linky-party_21.html

34. The American Homemaker says:

Those are really great! I love nests! And you got a great deal on all the supplies :)

35. Southern Fried Gal says:

Super cute! I loke the distressing on the boxes.

36. ~The Bargain Babe says:

Saw you at serenity niw. I love these nests!

37. thelifeofthepartyco says:

Love the bird's next shadow boxes! How lucky that the frames came with the burlap – I've been on the hunt for some, and haven't been able to find any at all, never mind with the added burlap touch! And the color of your room is great – so serene! They go so well together!

38. Sarah @ Cozy.Cottage.Cute. says:

Those are just adorable!!

39. Katie @ OhhBaby says:

this is fantastic! I really really love the nests behind the glass! what a cute idea!

40. Andrea . Charcoal and crayons says:

Beautiful… and doesn't seem too difficult or expensive either!

41. Dragonfly Treasure says:

Love the color of your walls. Great idea for the shadow boxes!
    *hugs*deb

42. I will be featuring this project at my party this evening which opens at 8pm EST. Please stop by then and pick up your "I've Been Featured" button.

43. Oh so cute! I featured them over at hoo's got talent! Thanks for linking up to the party!

44. Christina @ The Tattered Tag says:

Hi Liz Marie~

Simply adorable!! Thanks for linking all your great ideas to my K.I.S.S. blog bash last week, looking forward to seeing what you share this week.

Drop By The Tattered Tag

45. Rebecca @ My Girlish Whims says:

These are really cute too! Thanks for linking this up to Your Whims Wednesday as well :) I'm your newest follower!

46. So cute!

47. WhisperWood Cottage and Junkologie says:

It's great that they came with the burlap already! Thanks for linking up to the burlap party at WhisperWood Cottage!