A Simple Change…

… Do you remember this window shutter post?? Well, it was time for a change of scenery in the Galvan kitchen because you know me, I am constantly changing everything around our house! That’s normal right? We will pretend it is for now. Anyways, so here is my lovely little shutter in my kitchen  that now looks very lovely with some bird plates from pier one…

As listed in the previous post, where I used twine wreaths to decorate window shutter, I got this shutter for very cheap at an antique store in Michigan. Sorry about the bad lighting in these pictures.. I  need a “Shooting in bad lighting with my Nikon 101 class” any takers?
I wanted a {Quick} & {Easily adaptable} way to decorate the shutter. These plates were being displayed in my hutch & now they are simply attached to the shutter by clothes pins. Yup. Clothes pins
I simply hot glued the clothes pins to the back of each plate like in the picture. After the clothes pins were glued to the plates I clipped the plates onto the shutter. The plates I used were very light so they are very sturdy.
I absolutely adore these plates.
If you follow me on my Facebook Page you know that….. MY MARINE IS FINALLY HOME!!! The past few weeks have been really hard on me because he kept getting delayed & when they are gone for months at a time.. that tends to be very annoying. But he is back & I am one happy girl!!! We have been having a fabulous weekend… Today we are headed to a play ( Steele Magnolias) at our local theatre downtown because one of our friends is the lead role (Good husband Card for my hubby!!). I hope you all enjoyed this very quick post on a lovely quick change.. Have a fabulous rest of your weekend!!!
XX LIZ MARIE

Comments

1. Jacqueline says:

love it….I have the same yellow plate from pier one!

2. Goodnight moon says:

It turned out awesome! I also have those same plates. I have all 4 of them, and I actually put mine on my wall, inside an old window frame. I love your shutter idea!

Great job!

3. Rebecca @ My Girlish Whims says:

really cute! cool idea with the clothes pins

4. This is adorable! It's definitely normal to change everything up once in awhile. I do it all the time. And congrats on having your marine back!! I know how you feel…my hubby was in the USMC for 8 years. So delayed homecomings and unsure dates were my kind of norm (and you're right, delays are SOO annoying!). Congrats again! :)

5. That's such a fun change! Thanks for sharing with us…especially the clothespins!

6. Jennifer @ Gracious Spaces says:

Those are the cutest plates! Love this idea. Glad I'm not the only one constantly looking for ways to refresh & restyle my house. Glad your hubby is back safe & sound!

7. This simple change is so drastic and lovely! I love that you used clothes pins!! Thanks for sharing!

8. That is so cute! I love those plates, they're adorable. I never would have thought to just glue clothespins to the back. I'm glad to hear your Marine is home safe and sound!

9. wow! i really love this one! :-)

10. Beautiful! I'm having a plate moment where I need to have plates on my wall. It's fast becoming an obsession that needs to quit.

Have a great one! x

Ps yay for the boys being back!

11. ccoffey says:

A-freakin-dorable!!!!!

Cara

12. twifanheather says:

Love it! So cute! :)

I'm a new follower from Magnificent Monday!

13. -Kelsey says:

I have the same plates! Love Pier 1!

14. Fantastic – love it. Found you at The Girl Creative and looking forward to linking up.
    Jen

15. Cozy Home Scenes says:

I saw those plates the last time I was at Pier 1 and would have bought them if they matched my decor. They are very nice, especially the creative way you displayed them. I'd wish you a good week, but sounds like you don't need my good wishes! Enjoy this time with your husband.

16. Life with Lucy says:

It never fails that at least twice a week I click on something you've made on a link party- twice in one day today! I absolutely love this! Such a fantastic idea and I'm obsessed with the plates. Thanks for sharing!

17. What a cute idea! I'd love to find a shutter, but to hang my fedoras and sunglasses from

18. Splendiferous Girls says:

Love it…the plates are so cute.

19. I love pretty much all your posts, so creative. But it makes me mad that I don't have a bigger place to decorate, and studio gets cluttered fast!
    Swinging by from the Magnificent Monday hop, I'm already following you but wanted to leave some love.

-E
    ttcandcookin.blogspot.com

20. MommyDigger.com says:

Great idea! I love birds and I love this!

21. laura@imnotatrophywife.com says:
  22. cajunlicious says:

Following you thru Magnificent Monday! Would love a follow back!
    - Jessica @ http://cajunlicious.com

23. Julianne@juliesdiary.com says:

just found your site a day or two ago, and i love it. i wish i had an ounce of your creativity! I got a lil teary eyed reading about how ur marine has finally returned. My airman is about to deploy for the first time…leaving me and our 2 children for 6 months. I guess we are lucky it is only 6 months, being my sister's husband is about to leave for a year. But we will get through it! it's just a part of being in the military. But im so happy ur hubby has returned<3

24. La-Dee-da crafter says:

OMG, what a great idea with the clothes pins. wow, love this and I will have to keep this in mind. Sooo cute! I also need to find an old shutter.
    I hope you can help me spread the word about an event on my blog for the troops this month:
    Hope to see you there!

25. melismama says:

Very very cute What a great idea with the clothes pins

26. Darling @ Junque 'n my Trunk says:

Very cute! Dropping in from DIY By Design

27. ℳartina @ Northern Nesting says:

Too Cute!! Love the shutters and love the plates! Stopped by from Kim's WOW US WED. Martina

28. That looks amazing. I just love it. I'm so happy for you that you are reunited with your marine. Enjoy each other. Thanks for sharing at my Swing into Spring party.

29. abeachcottage says:

Love the plates, great idea on how to hang them :) Glad you added your link to BC Good Life Wednesdays!

30. Mindie Hilton says:

Just stumbled you. Lovely project and blog.

You can find me at

31. Thank you for this idea. I've stumbled it! I’m nekw a follower from Makobi Scribe's hop. BTW, her hop is found on a page on my site that lists more than 200 hops… some for each day of the week. Check under the header for the link to that page.
    I hope you’ll visit me soon and follow back!
    NCSue

32. Sandy Elliott says:

Absolutely love it! And how simple. Love your blog. Stumbling through…congrats on your marine coming home safely.

Sandy~ Cherished Handmade Treasures

33. Keenly Kristin says:

Liz…AMAZING! And, so happy you're spending time with your Marine!

Stumbled you…would love if you could stumble me back:

Thanks for linking up!!
    Kristin :)

34. MommyDigger.com says:

Just love these plates!

Stumbling this post from the Thursday hop! Please stumble across – http://www.mommydigger.com/girls-owl-inspired-room-inspiration

35. Lindsey @ Inspiring Creations says:

That is such a great idea!! Thanks for sharing! :)

36. Christina says:

I LOVE this look…so pretty!!

Thanks so much for linking to "20 Below Thursday"! :)

37. aquariann says:

Wondrously unique decoration!

38. Rosemary@villabarnes says:

Love the birdie plates.

39. I love the look of shutters. I need to get some for photography backdrops. Great tip on hanging plates!

40. Shabby Soul says:

Love it. I have a pile of shutters. *grin* The clothespin idea is ingenious!

41. Sassy Sites! says:

I always LOVE your work!! I could give you a "shout out" EVERY Saturday! :) Thanks so much for linking up to Sassy Sites -Free For ALL party! If you have a second, would you come by and see what we've created for the American Crafters competition… and maybe even put in a vote for us! ;)

xoxo!!
    Marni @ Sassy Sites!

42. Katherines Corner says:

So cute Liz!!! Well done. Hugs

43. Stephanie {Luxe Boulevard} says:

This is darling. I love it!

Link up with our Throwback Thursday parties, there's still time.

44. Love this idea! You have such a great blog with so many darling ideas!
    -emily
    nestnestingnested.blogspot

45. Fran @ eleven-o-one creations says:

Great idea. I have an old shutter that I needed some ideas for. I'll be out painting it later today. (Clever clothes pin solution, too!)

46. So pretty! The clothespin idea is brilliant!

47. Korrie@RedHenHome says:

This is super cute! I have loved these plates, but they are even more fabulous on your shutter. Inspired!

48. Le Chateau des fleurs says:

LOVE this!!
    Come on the 1st to link this link or anything you would like for a chance to be featured for 1 month on my side bar and win a gift!
    Grab a button!
    XO

49. Åžehnaz says:

HELLO,ENTRESENG AND VERY NÄ°CE BLOG…LOVE THÄ°S..