Chicken Wire Love…

Have you fallen in love with chicken wire yet? I have fallen. Hard. After seeing some Lovely Chicken wire frames on pinterest, I had to make my own version, of course. Speaking of pinterest, have you fallen in love with that lovely site yet?? I have.. even harder than chicken wire… I’m a pinning addict! I can’t stop. Go follow me on Pinterest HERE & be addicted with me. Back to the chicken wire….

I made an old window into a picture “frame” using chicken wire.. love.
What I used…
Wire cutters, Staple gun, chicken wire, binder clips & window frame…
First I took out all the glass panels in the window & gave the front of the window a fresh coat of paint with a little distressing. I stapled the chicken wire to the back of the frame. I actually did two layers of the chicken wire because one layer was too spaced out. Yup, that’s about it.
All these lovely photos I chose are from Rach Lea Photography. Haven’t checked out her page yet? Well you should.. she is amazing & captures all of our lovely family memories for us.
I love my little yellow end table… I just wish I had a place for it.. blog post on the way.
I am in love with this chicken wire frame. I want to make different versions of this, but I love my first attempt!
Can we just take a moment to laugh at Bella when she used to have long hair. Chubaka!
How has your week been? Mine has been super busy.. Do I say that too much? I feel like I’m constantly saying it & I annoy myself when I say it because I’m like, well then slow down woman! But I can’t, I work a full time job, have a wonderful husband, two puppies, & friends to spend time with, & I have way too many hobbies. I love it. So when I say I’m busy, it’s a good thing! We have friends coming in from Michigan this weekend, a whole 17 hour drive to spend time with us? I’m so excited… I’m getting ready to show them some North Carolina hospitality. We have tons of stuff planned, & I can’t wait for their arrival tomorrow night!! Have an awesome weekend everyone!!
XX Liz Marie

Comments

1. This is funny, I just started spray painting some frames today to make my own chicken wire frames. I also saw on Pinterest…love your version, very neat! Great Job.

2. lauren @ West Furniture Revival says:

great job.. looks fantastic

3. Leontien says:

Yes great great job! It looks really good! i have to make sure i'm gonna find myself a nice window frame!

Thanks
    Leontien

4. The Painted Parlor says:

You're too funny! I'm afraid to look at pinterest, I dont have time to get addicted to something else!! Haha!

Very cute, love it!

Julie

5. So fun! I love chicken wire too. So versatile!

6. I have a chicken wire project I'm working on now – trying to wrap it around a large glass vase and shape it a bit. Not easy! But I do love some chicken wire.
    And pinterest? That's why I am up so late (East coast time) Amazing crazy creative and down right gorgeous stuff.

7. This turned out great! Are there different varieties of chicken wire? I had to decide between using chicken wire or burlap to back my window frame that I'm working on – I chose burlap this time around. But have you seen this?: http://www.flamingotoes.com/2011/04/simple-spring-framed-vases/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+FlamingoToes+%28Flamingo+Toes%29
    UH-MAY-ZING. Thought you would enjoy it if you hadn't already!

8. That is too adorable!! I love old windows!

9. Jo & Ant says:

love!!

10. Lilianna Grace says:

Adorable ideas here! I'm a new follower from Boost and I had to follow if not just for your use of the word lovely. It's one of my favorite words!

11. This is a wonderful frame, looks fantastic! I'm yet to use chicken wire, but definitely want to give it a go!

12. La-Dee-da crafter says:

wow, so cute!!! Love the cute pup too.
    beautiful pics and what a great way to display them.
    ladeedacreations.com

13. shopannies says:

love this

14. Hey Liz Marie!

I'm visiting from Freckled Laundry and as soon as I saw the chicken wire, I knew I needed to check out your post. :P

Your first attempt at this frame turned out wonderfully! It has my gears turning as I think about how great one like that would look in my hallway–and how I could switch out the pictures whenever I want. I have a hard time committing to hanging up pictures so this would totally satisfy that desire to routinely change things up.

Can't wait to check out your blog more–I just saw a link to a post on painted mason jars that's totally calling out to me… :)

Take care,
    Erin
    Carolina Country Living

15. This is so cute! And your pictures are gorgeous! I really love this idea. I have added your link to my linky laundry list post this week. You can check it out here – http://literallyinspired.blogspot.com/2011/05/linky-laundry-list-3.html

Ginger

16. Mizzreviewlady says:

How Creative of you! I am now following you from the hop and would love it if you could return the favor at http://mizzreviewlady-mommyreviews.blogspot.com/
    Thanks:)

17. Crystal says:

Love how it turned out

18. Sarah @ Cozy.Cottage.Cute. says:

I love old windows in any project. But with chicken wire too? Awesome.

Love it and the photos inside are gorgeous!! :)

19. Great idea…found you on Sew Many Ways…New follower…have a super week!

20. The Sunflower Patch says:

Oh No! Not another project I have to add to my LOng list of to dos! Love your frame :)

21. Catch A Falling Star says:

Aww,it's awesome…thats a great idea!

22. Although my comment has absolutely no bearing on this particular post, I couldn't resist.

I just wanted to say that I just ran across your blog .. and I'm so glad I did.

I love, love, love, the idea of the painted mason jars, and the mason jar organizer so much that I think those will be my next projects. I have a ton of mason jars left over from a friends wedding that I haven't had a clue what to do with them!

23. Donna~One Simple Country Girl says:

Love it!

24. Kelly L says:

Hi – I am asking for fellow bloggers to visit my site in hopes that we can find a match for a young girl that desperately needs a bone marrow transplant. Would be great if you could visit today too. Thank you. Kelly
    I've Become My Mother
    I've Become My Mother facebook

25. I have just recently discovered your blog and I am in love! You have such great ideas, and have given me a lot of inspiration! Keep up the good work!
    Nicole

26. This is brilliant. Just found your blog! It's beautiful!

27. Cute! I have a Shih Tzu named Chubaka! lol

28. Chef in Training says:

this is so cute and such a great idea! I love it! I am your newest follower and would love it if you would check out my blog and follow me too! Thanks!
    -Nikki

29. Jami Graham says:

That's such a great idea!! I'm going to have to try this when I find the time! From Eisy Morgan, glad I found your blog!

30. Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made says:

Chicken wire again!!! I SO need to dig out my roll from the garage and start trying some of these ideas! I LOVE your window — what a show piece!

31. 1 Funky Woman says:

What a darling little project! I have wanted to do a chicken wire project and this would be so fun!

Newest follower! Can't wait to check out your other fun ideas!

Megan

32. Kristine says:

LOVE this!! Been meaning to try it and put it in my "archives" in my brain ;) Ha! Thanks for inspiring me to get moving!!

33. Sherry @ No Minimalist Here says:

I love this idea! Thanks for the inspiration.
    xo,
    Sherry

34. Jenn Erickson says:

Your frame is fabulous! I love the way the chicken wire looks with the vintage window frame! So glad I saw your link-up over at Flamingo Toes!

Jenn/Rook No. 17

35. Heather says:

Love this such a great idea adding the chicken wire. Thanks for linking up at memakingdo!

36. I've put together a round up of creative photo displays on Craft Gossip today and included your post. :) You can see it here

If you would like a Craft Gossip badge showing you've been featured, you can grab one here :)

37. Courtney @ A Diamond in the Stuff says:

Hey Liz, I wanted to let you know that I featured your window today: http://adiamondinthestuff.blogspot.com/2011/05/time-to-shine-features-no-19.html

38. Kelli @ RTSM says:

This turned out so great! I have window that has been hanging in our bedroom that this would be perfect for.

39. Erin @ His & Hers says:

This is adorable. I always see old windows left lying on the road, and this is yet another good use for them. I'm curious-how did you take the glass out without hurting yourself? I would be hesitant. But I'm sorta non-graceful. :)

40. Rebecca @ My Girlish Whims says:

you are so photogenic! or just pretty to start with haha. great project, and great pics you put on it! :)

41. Judy @ In His Grip says:

This is such an awesome idea. Great job.

42. Great project and wonderful job momma! Stopping by from the Blog it Forward Tuesday blog hop!

I look forward to connecting with you!

~Stay blessed!

43. Anonymous says:

I am currently working on refinishing my porch and I have a frame similar to the one you used- I might do this! I would love it if you shared it with Workshop Wednesday!

44. Candace @ Candace Creations says:

what a great project! I love it! I am excited to find your blog! This would be a great project to link up to scrappy saturdays too, come by tomorrow and link up! :)

45. Love your blog!! I am definitely going to be your new follower :) I would love it if you followed me to @ for.the.luv.of.blogspot.com that would be great :) I am just starting out, but I am excited to share new recipes, crafts, and makeup.. And Giving away giveaways on mineral make-up!!

46. What a genius idea and a great way to upcycle!

If you don't mind I would love it if you linked up to my weekly upcycled/stashbusting linky pary (Upcycled Awesome) at http://www.thetshirtdiaries.com or use this link: http://tinyurl.com/upcycled49

47. I'm completing a project that involves chicken wire!! I told my BF I was smashing out the windows to a Hutch i got off Craigslist, and he just shook his head! I just picked up a roll, and I was googleing "How to apply chicken wire to wood"…and BOOM , up came your beautiful blog!! Can't wait to scroll throught it!!
    ♥Lisa

48. I’m going to try that, wish me luck!!!!

Trackbacks

1. [...] These chicken wire window frames are perfect to hang pictures or place cards on. (source) [...]

2. [...] These chicken wire window frames are perfect to hang pictures or place cards on. (source) [...]