Shabby Burlap Chair…

This week was full of lots of fun little projects.
One morning this week, I sat in my office with
my morning cup of tea & opened the curtains to see
 a treasure sitting right outside my window.
My neighbors were throwing out this lovely little
chair that had so much potential, so me, having no
shame, marched right over to the trash pile &
took it home to bring it back to life…
Before:
Okay. So maybe I don’t blame my neighbors for throwing
this little beast away… It had seen better days.
After:
A fresh coat of white paint & a little simple shabby
method was just the beginning of bringing this
lovely chair back to life.
I decided to only distress this chair a little bit
because let’s face it.. it was a little too rough
before & that wasn’t pretty.
The burlap fabric is a perfect rustic textile for
this chair. It accents the shabby chic feel of the
chair & who doesn’t love some burlap?
That cute pillow you ask? I made that! I will
be sharing a blog post on how I made it
this week….
It just makes me so happy to see something from
the trash become beautiful again… maybe
that’s why I love what I do.
Today has been one of the laziest days of my life, & it feels amazing!
let’s just way we had a little too much fun
  with amazing friends at the Marine Corps Ball last night, I will
do a blog post of pictures this week of my handsome marine & I.
This four day weekend with my husband was perfect & much needed,
back to work tomorrow.. I hope each one of you had an amazing
weekend with whatever you did.. talk to you soon!
xx Liz Marie

Comments

1. So pretty! I wish I knew how to upholster …

2. Very Cute! Great job!

3. Love the burlap with the distressed white! Very shabby chic.

4. Mary and Dyer says:

omg if I could burlap my whole house I would! lol. Love the chair you did a great job!! xox

5. JHOUSETAWK says:

Very nice, Liz :) I just started my own blog as well! And as you said, bringing trash back to beautiful IS the best thing about doing what we do .. Looking forward to your pillow case :)
    J House Tawk. @ http://www.jhousetawk.blogspot.com

6. Ramblings of a Southern Girl ~ Rhonda G says:

I would have rescued that cute little chair, too! You did a wonderful job reviving it! And the pillow is lovely!

~Coming through Amaze Me Monday! Newest Follower! :)

7. Jaime Lyn at Crafty Scrappy Happy says:

love it friend! And I love that you found it for free—that is the best for sure!!! :o) perfect up-cycle!!! DOn't show your neighbors they might want it back! I know I would!
    :o)
    Jaime from crafty scrappy happy

8. Erin {Lavender and Lemon Drops} says:

Love your adorable chairs! Great job ;)

9. I LOVE the fabric on that pillow! Please post where you found it?!

10. Stunning! I'm loving the burlap seat cushion, it just makes the chair! Hey, come share this at the Head to Head Showdown going on right now at http://www.icantstopcrafting.blogspot.com

~Jen

11. Rosemary@villabarnes says:

Nice makeover. The pillow is a nice accent.

12. Burlap is such an amazing way to add to decorating, and inexpensive, nice work!

13. shopannies says:

love the chair looks as if it could share many stories
    come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

14. gorgeous!!!

15. Shauna Nosler says:

Looks great – I love the bird fabric. stopping in to say hi – I already follow you from the hop – hope you have time to visit and return the favor soon – oh, and read my shameless plug for my $0.99 book that is on sale :) http://www.shaunanosler.blogspot.com

16. I love a good chair makeover. Looks great. Thanks for sharing at DIYbyDesign.

17. w.o.w. I love it!! I love all things burlap and your chair is beautiful. The pillow really accents it perfectly.

18. I love it! Visit me at http://raisingdieter.blogspot.com/ for a giveaway!

19. Beautiful

20. That's looking great. Don't let your neighbours see it or they'll want it back!

21. This turned out so pretty! I linked up a chair this week too :) Must be one of those weeks ;)

XO, Kate of http://www.avery-anderson.blogspot.com

22. Jen @ Bungalov says:

Looks great. It is so nice when you can find things for free to fix up. I am sure your neighbors would of wished they would of thought about fixing it up…

23. Ahhh my two favorite things…white and burlap! Beautiful little makeover you have here! :)

Lauren @ fromourhidingplace.com

24. Looks great, I'm a lover of burlap.

25. Shauna@Satori Design for Living says:

What a transformation. Great combination of burlap and distressed white and I love the pillow you paired with it!