I can’t believe we are only a few days away from summer. Wow. Mind blown! I keep comparing every moment of time with Cope’s birthday which was the beginning of February… so June just seems so crazy! So today I did a fun IGTV video on Instagram today on how to set a cozy summer Tablescape [HERE]. I showed some tips on how to layer and add texture & I would share some additional tips here for you guys as we enter the summer season.
How to set a cozy summer tablescape:
- Add layers – Even though it’s summer we can still do layers! Keep your layers light with linens, summer prints, & all the summer vibes like summer fruits & vegetables… & all the greens!
- Light it up- Think summer scented candles to really bring all your scenes into the room. Candles aren’t just for the cold months.
- Keep it casual- loose and flowy fabrics keep the space light and airy. Use linens, light fabrics, & keep it all a little un-tailored, a little messy, & let lose a little.
- Bring in the summer harvest- Whether it’s real or faux bring in summer greens, summer fruits, summer vegetables, & all the summer things in between. Think garden & all things natural that will instantly make your tablescape feel like summer.
- Don’t forget the texture- for this tablescape I added texture from the different cutting boards, to the fabrics, to the greenery, & I added an extra pop of texture by scrunching up the placemats a little. Texture is key for any cozy space.
This tablescape was so simple & so fun to play around with. I got some radishes from Factory Craft Direct & the tablescape was inspired by them. The napkins & the table runner were from my new favorite shop [HERE]. The dishes are my FAVORITE dishes of all time because of how natural and organic they are & you can find them [HERE]. The cutting boards, the plant, & the candle are all finds from my shop, The Found Cottage. The best part about this summer tablescape is that you can recreate it in so many ways. Switch out the tall topiary for a short potted plant, switch out the radishes with faux lemons, switch out the plant markers with napkins with fun napkin rings. There are so many fun possibilities! Be sure to follow me on Instagram & watch my IGTV for more behind the scenes of this fun tablescape & THANK YOU guys as always for stopping by the blog today & every single day to see what we are up to… it means the world! xx