It’s time for another fall mantel! Can you tell I’ve been having way too much fun with this mantel? You can check out my other fall mantel look from this year so far here. Let’s get into this mantel from today…
The overall look I was going for when I was styling this mantel was rustic, gold, and muted greens. I truly wanted it to be earthy and foraged looking almost like you were in a secluded cabin & this is what you could find in and outside of the cabin to decorate your mantel with. I wanted it to feel like a very antique, found, collected mantel with classic pieces I’ve gathered over time. I put together a little “recipe” to share with you the pieces I used to create this mantel so you can recreate it for yourself!
- Gold Mirror – The gold mirror is great because it sets that vintage tone, but it adds a large base without overshadowing the fall items, but instead ties it all together.
- Antique Books (or any books) [loved the antique bird watching book I used here.] I also stuck with earthy green books so they were cohesive.
- Pumpkins – I used faux pumpkins here, but that’s because that’s really all I had.
- Feathers – These were found items and I love using them in so many different ways. Here I loved using them almost as a garland.
- Textured vases – I used antique demijohn bottles here that add so much texture to the mantel with that basket weave material. I use these for every season, but for fall the colors and texture just scream fall to me!
- Dried Pampas Grass – I love using different stems in my decor, but pampas grass is a new favorite because it speaks with texture alone with it’s neutral color.
You guys know I love bringing antique finds into our home. I always find that antique pieces feel extra cozy in my decor during the fall months. I’m always mixing antique finds in with my new pieces to create the perfect cozy equation. One thing I love about this brass mirror is that it looks antique but it isn’t an antique piece [you can find it here]!
Of course I loaded the sofa with cozy pillows like [THIS] cozy knit pillow & voila… cozy fall! I hope you are enjoying my fall looks this year. I can’t wait to share more fall around our house! Thank you so much for stopping by the blog today and every day.