Happy Favorite Things Friday! I expressed on my Instagram this past week that i’ve been feeling a bit frazzled with life. With many half finished projects happening all around our house, every space looks like a tornado has just passed through it, and I’m running on little sleep. Writing blog posts, especially this one, a round up of my Favorite Things this past week, always makes me realize how blessed I truly am even if life seems a little chaotic sometimes. Here are just a few things that have been going on in my life this week:
- We’ve been loving fresh florals in the house this week. They are an instant mood-lifter and I feel so much happier when I have them around. I will probably try to get a small arrangement once a week. The arrangement I purchased this week was from Farmgirl Flowers.
- I’ve been ordering all of my cleaning products from The Maple House Co. lately. All of their products are aesthetically pleasing and will make you feel like you want to have your cleaning products out for display.
- Feeling in a creative rut? I did 2 DIY projects this past week that you can do in a weekend or even …an afternoon. The first is a simple moss planter [HERE] that is a great quick and easy project that can add greenery and texture to any space. The second is with Rub N Buff. I sampled all the Rub ‘n Buff colors on both wood frames and metal hardware. Check out the Rub ‘n Buff Color Sample Post here [HERE] and maybe it will inspire you to use in your home.
- I found some amazing Pottery Barn Splurge or Save Finds [HERE]. You’ll be shocked when you see how similar the options are.
- 5 photos that inspired me this week [HERE].
- Ever wonder what house plants I like to keep in our home? I like to change them up seasonally. Here [HERE] is a current house plant tour.
- I have two podcasts that I have been loving lately. They are both so different from each other. The first is called The Apology Line. It really is an emotional listen and for some, may be too dark, but it is such an interesting listen. The other (and much lighter) listen is called Happier with Gretchen Rubin, which gives practical, manageable advice about happiness and good habits.
- Our adoption fundraiser ends on February 1st! If you feel so inclined to donate to our fundraiser, 20% of sales from our shop are currently going towards the fundraiser. Currently, our currently donations are at $7,500. Our goal by the end of the weekend is to get to $10,000. You can learn more about our adoption fundraiser on our Giving to Adopting Fundraiser blog post [HERE].
- Fun Fact: I used to be a barista! I started at the age of 15 at a local coffee shop and I grew to love it so much. In college, I worked at two coffee shops at the same time! I worked as a barista right up until the day I got married. When we moved to North Carolina, I was shocked to find out that coffee shops weren’t as popular and didn’t continue as a barista. However, I still have so much respect for the craft and love to show off my at-home barista skills whenever we make coffee. I mentioned this in a past Favorite Things Friday Post but, Jose got me a milk frother for Christmas and we have been loving using it to make gourmet coffee drinks at home.
- Anyone else see this fun trend this past week? It makes me giggle.
Thanks for checking out some of my favorite things on this wintery Friday. You can check out past Favorite Things Friday posts here [HERE].