Would you believe it if I told you that Jose wraps the majority of the Christmas gifts in our family? Well, it’s true! I constantly find myself struggling to create those perfectly sharp creases that I see on some wrapped gifts. While I might not succeed in the gift wrapping department, I have been thinking of some of the benefits that wrapped gifts have and the memorable effect that they can have. Today I am sharing some of those thoughts and some cozy tips for making your Christmas gift wrapping memorable.
While I know in some cases, making your gift wrapping memorable might not be the most logical idea. The average child when unwrapping a gift probably takes less than a minute (I haven’t looked into this, just speaking from experience). However, when gifting something to a friend, teacher, or coworker, the thought of slowly unwrapping a gift and making it an experience for them can have the last impression.
The best thing about wrapping aesthetically pleasing and memorable Christmas gifts is that your home decor can also benefit from it! place them under your tree, a side table, or mantel for some temporary home decor!
Cozy Tips to make your gift wrapping memorable:
- On top of the gift, tie an ornament, cookie-cutter, or pack of gardening seeds
- Tie the gift in a reusable piece of fabric or even a scarf that they can re-use and/or wear
- Stop by a local visitors center and grab some free maps to use as wrapping paper
- Bring the outdoors in and grab some piece of branches or berry to place on the top of the gift
- By some affordable craft paper rolls to use as wrapping paper. get creative by stamping, drawing, or using stickers on the paper. if the gift is for a family member, have your children draw on the wrapping paper in red, green, or gold
- look around your home to re-use scrap fabric, calendar paper, or newspaper
- purchase a vintage grain sack pillowcase and wrap the present in that
Looking for more easy and creative ways to wrap gifts? Check out this blog post here [HERE].
To shop cozy Christmas Gift Wrapping accessories, click the images below: