HELLO 2021!!! I am welcoming you with open arms! On this first Friday of the year, I thought I would kick off the revival of Favorite Things Friday! I used to do this series and I’m really not sure why I stopped it because I loved doing it. Anyway, I’m glad to be starting it again this year and I hope you enjoy seeing some of the things that made me smile in the past week. Favorite Things Friday will be different than it was before. It will be a round up of things I’m up to, things I’m loving, & it will look totally different each week so be sure to stop by the blog every Friday to see what we are up to! Let’s dive in to this weeks favorites…
- A friend shared about Carleigh Courey’s Calendar and Prints. Carleigh is a local artist and designer and I just adore her botanical prints. So excited to use this beautiful calendar all year!
- I don’t know about you but one thing I want to work on in 2021 is being more organized. This past weekend I popped into Anthropologie to check out the after-Christmas Sales. I found a few organizational pads and planners. The planner that I ended up going with by Morgan Harper Nicols, linked here.
- I feel it’s so important to now more than ever be supporting small businesses. Some of the small businesses I’ve been shopping lately are Foundation Goods, The Maple House Co., The Bella Cottage, and Dreamy Whites Lifestyle.
- My paperwhites are FINALLY blossoming! They weirdly took a little longer to blossom this year, that’s why I planted faux paperwhites while waiting for these to grow. If you’re thinking about doing the same, I wrote a blog post about it here.
- Before Christmas we did something really scary, we went on Instagram Live. We hope to do that more in the New Year, as we really enjoyed it! If you missed us going live, you can check it out here! We talk a lot about our favorite board games, setting a cozy Christmas table, and if Makenzie still works for us. Haha!
- Michigan Winter’s are often brutal. I did something that I thought I would never do this past week…I purchased UGG’s. Weirdly enough I’m a little excited to wear them and have my feet be warm and cozy.
- Jose gifted me some small Smeg Appliances for Christmas to add to my ever-growing Smeg Collection. This year he got me the juicer and the milk frother. I’m hoping to have a full review of all my smeg products up on the blog in the next couple of weeks.
- This video makes Jose and I laugh so much. It’s really cool and inspiring how this guy and his funny videos have reached so many views this past week.
- I am loving our new lights in our front living room! I can’t get enough of them so sorry if I overshare them. You can read more about them & see more of them [HERE].
Thank you guys for stopping by our blog today & checking out The first Favorite Things Friday of 2021! I can’t wait to continue these throughout the new year & I hope as always your visit to the blog leaves you feeling a little happier & a little more inspired. xx