Y’all 30 wasn’t as bad as I was expecting. Just kidding, but really. My 30th birthday was pretty great. If you follow me on social media, you know why it was so good. Jose surprised me with a new puppy. A great pyrenees name Winnie. She has brought so much joy to our farm already in just two short days & I’m just still in shock that she is ours. I mean, we haven’t really slept since getting her either which has been rough, but her cute face is so worth it. I’ll talk more about her later, but for now I WOULD LOVE for you guys to head to my Instagram & Facebook to join in on the convo because I asked a lot of new puppy questions. I will blog more about Winnie later, but every year on my birthday here on the blog I share my age number in facts… so this year it’s 30. 30 random things about me that you might not care about, but might tell you a little something about me. Ya’ll it’s getting hard because I try to share different ones every year so coming up with 30 on no sleep today was a little hard, BUT I hope in some way this gives you a little random insight into me, Liz Marie. Enjoy!!!
1. I’m a true introvert that gets truly exhausted by being social situations… but I also don’t want to be left out. It’s a problem I struggle with daily… I know I can’t be alone on this.
2. I am forever changing things in our house. I have tried to narrow down why I always have that urge & one of the reasons I think I do that is because decorating & re-decorating are like therapy to me.
3. I have always dreamed about having a self sustaining farm. I might have to become a vegetarian because I’ll never eat one of our animals, but I want to live off our land.
4. I feel about 24 so the fact that people keep telling me I’m 30 blows my mind. Who allowed me to be an adult.. not sure I will ever feel my age.
5. I’m determined to be a plant lady. I even joined a garden club this year.
6. I went to interior design school, but very quickly found out that my passion did not lie in doing large scale design projects for others. I wanted to more inspire online, offer design advice, & be a part of smaller projects. I still don’t regret going to school for it because the passion has always been in me & it just grew that for me.
7. Blogging is truly my passion & I hope to do it forever & ever. I hope you like it here too.
8. I dream of turning our barn into some kind of event space.
9. When I was little I would use disposable cameras to take photos of my bedroom & then I would get the photos printed & put them in scrap books. You could say that I have been “blogging” since I was 7. My mom was never happy when I waisted an entire roll of film on photos of my bedroom.. hey mom, it paid off. haha
10. I have & always have had an obsession with all things Beatrix Potter. My grandma started me on the obsession as she always had the books & always talked to me about them.
11. I listen to about 2-3 audible books a week.
12. I’m also a podcast junkie. Preferably true crime.
13. I have a thing for deconstructed furniture.. always have. We have 4 pieces in our home right now & they are so comfortable & I love the look.
14. I believe in slipcovering all of the things.
15. Jose and I went gluten free 5 years ago for my PCOS & have never regretted it. I do miss quesadillas & other foods, but trust me… we manage.
16. Along with being an introvert I get super nervous in front of the camera… trying to work on that. Who get’s nervous to Instagram story? This girl. I need to work on that.
17. I need all the rooms in our home to be light & bright. My mood is a product of my surroundings… so light & bright is my need in all of our spaces!
18. I describe my decor style as Cozy Cottage Greenhouse.
19. Jose & I have been on our infertility journey for 6 years & we have lost 7 babies. I hope our 30’s brings children into our life. You can read more about our journey [HERE].
20. I have a real pillow obsession. It’s a problem sometimes.
21. I would be thrilled if I could go antiquing/picking at least once a week.
22. I never leave the house without mascara. Call it an insecurity.. call it unnecessary. I call it being courteous to others around me. haha it’s a habit that I’m not sure I will ever break.
23. I literally need coffee to function in the morning. It’s a must.
24. You will most likely find me barefoot if it’s appropriate. Or not sometimes.
25. Somethings Got To Give is one o fly all-time favorite movies.
26. I don’t like breakfast. I know… weird. I just don’t eat it. Or need it.
27. I have PCOS. You can read about that [HERE].
28. I ALWAYS have to have a drink on me at all times… soda, water, coffee, some of them are bad habits, but a drink is my security blanket.
29. Christoper Lowell was my idol growing up. With all of this tassels. I wasn’t the kid watching cartoons, I was the kid watching HGTV, Trading Spaces, & Christoper Lowell. He really liked his tassels didn’t he? I would still love to meet him in person.
30. My favorite all time getaway is Mackinaw Island. Some get it. Some don’t. I’m obsessed. My goal? One day to stay at The Grand Hotel on the island.
Ok… those were SUPER random, but fun I hope!! THANK YOU GUYS for all the birthday love you showed me over the weekend.. I don’t deserve you guys, the love, you guys coming to the blog everyday, stopping by my Instagram & other social media’s, BUT I AM SO THANKFUL!! THANK YOU for being here. Love you guys!!