Ok. Can I tell you an irrational fear I have? The stomach flu. You guys know I suffer from anxiety a lot and one thing that triggers my anxiety & really sends me in a tailspin of fear is…. THE FLU. I wish I was kidding, but I work very hard to ward off the flu in our home by using just some basic cleaning tips on a regular basis with some of my favorite cleaning products. I went to Target this week and did a little haul of some of my favorites so I thought I would share some tips and my favs with you guys in case you wanted to know our winter cleaning tutorial in case you are scared of the flu like I am. Also, this just reminded me of a story of an older woman I met on a plane one time who said that she only got sick twice in her life because she was so scared of vomitting & once was because of food poisoning. She’s my hero. Well, if you aren’t as lucky as that woman is, let’s talk cleaning tips…
- Use Tide fabric disinfectant spray for all your non-washable fabrics like sofas, pillows, curtains, dry-cleaning only items, & so much more.
- Clean your washing machine with Tide washing machine cleaner regularly to ward off mold, mildew, & bad odors. Oh, & flu germs!
- Wash clothing, bedding, towels, wash cloths, & other washable items used daily frequently with Tide Plus using hot water to kill germs and bacteria.
- Clean wipeable floors more frequently using Swiffer Wet Heavy Duty pads to get up all the dirt & germs that are on the floor from pets, shoes, people, & much more. Clean all the surfaces!
- Clean all the dishes! A little tip: Don’t reuse glasses this time of year.. you never know what’s lingering on those surfaces. I love the Cascade Platinum it has Dawn grease fighting power so I know all the surfaces are clean & germ free.
- One thing that makes me clean more often and remember to stay on top of the germ war is keeping some Bounty paper towel in each room along with one of my favorite surface sprays so that it promotes cleaning up more often and it makes it a whole lot more convienent.
- Bonus: I also love all the things to smell fresh and clean which helps my flu anxiety because it also smells clean. Things I love to keep our house smelling fresh: Febreze Gain spray, Febreze plug, Downy fabric softener, & Downy dryer sheets.
Honestly these simple tips keep me on my toes all winter long & have become healthy habits over the years to keep those icky germs at bay. The best part? If you purchase $50 worth of P&G products at Target in-store or online you get a $15 gift card back to use at the most magical store on earth. Treat yourself to some new winter slippers or even a Starbucks treat while you shop at Target don’t forget to use the cartwheel app while you are there for additional savings! I hope the simple tips help you out and keep your families feeling healthy. I love hearing about others routines and favorite products so I hope you guys loved this as well & find it useful this winter season! xx