Let me start by saying that I am not one of those people who has to have something for everything. But if there’s something that I love, and it comes in all varieties, its not unusual for me to collect it. I have several collections of home decor that I like to bring out and style in each of the seasons, but I think one of my favorite collections has to be myJolly Santa Mug Collection.
I didn’t start to document my collection until a couple of years ago. I would buy a mug here and there, whenever I saw one to add to my collection. But after posting pictures of my collection on social media, I’ve had so many people asking questions about where I find all of these mugs. This holiday season I decided to gather my entire collection to show just how grand it is and share the magic with all of you!
My ultimate Santa mug collection is growing larger by the year. I just love adding new pieces each holiday season! If you don’t already have a mug collection, let this inspire you to start one of your own.
Starting a Collection
I like to think that it’s fairly easy, but yes, you can go out and buy a singular Santa Mug to start your collection. But I like to think of it as a collection when all your pieces have the same theme. For me, this means that my mugs must be Santa Claus-themed or holiday-themed in some way. If you want to start a mug collection and don’t know where to begin, here are some tips:
1. Be real with yourself about what you like. This is probably the most important tip of all. Start by thinking about your style and what you really like to bring out during the holidays. Do you love Christmas classic reindeer or do you tend to lean more towards snowmen? Once you figure that out, then try to find pieces that fit with your theme.
2. Do you want to stick to all antique mugs, or mix in new mugs as you see fit? You can go either way, but this all comes into play when I give out tips and show off my mug collection for your inspiration!
3. Know what styles and brands you like. This is also important because
4. Where do I buy the mugs? I like to make sure that I buy mugs from different places such as antique shops, online shopping sites. They don’t have to be expensive! I rounded up a ton of antique Santa mugs that are shippable on the internet, you can see them all here [HERE].
5. Try to not limit yourself because it might start out small but then end up growing into a collection that you never imagined. This is why I love collecting Santa mugs because they can be found almost anywhere!
Festive Santa Mug Kitchen here [HERE]
Santa Mug Collection here [HERE]
Santa Mug Christmas Decor here [HERE]
I rounded up a ton of antique Santa mugs that are shippable on the internet, you can see them all here [HERE].
I know that many of you are also fans of collecting items, so tell me what your favorite things to collect are. Do you have a Christmas item or home decor that you like to collect? If so, please on Facebook or Instagram. I hope to see my grand Jolly Santa Mug Collection inspires you to start your own collection. Thanks for stopping by the blog today and every day!