It’s been a few weeks since I did a DIY weekend re-cap, but this one is a little crazier than the others I’ve posted. You see we have something exciting this week [I will tell you asap when I can] happening at the farm & we needed A LOT of progress done to the house/farm by this weekend. Well, life has been pretty crazy these days so we basically saved everything for the last minute. That was dumb. But because we make such a great team… we got stuff done! Or started. We got a lot of stuff started, and when you live in a fixer upper that is a lot. We basically just need the house to look good & clean…. we kind of accomplished that. A lot of it was basically moving our fixer upper stuff like tools, decor that’s not being used, and other things from one room to another. Ok, it was kind of a mess, but we accomplished a lot. Here is a tiny glimpse at some of the things we did…
I finally hung a gallery wall in our entryway bathroom with some treasures I’ve been collecting over time. I really had a vision for this wall & I’ll be sharing a full post on it soon, but I’m quite happy with how it turned out. & this is one step closer to this room being “done” which is pretty exciting!!
I think the biggest changes happened in the front living room. Oh my.. I can’t even get into it all today. We hung windows on each side of the fireplace, we hung wall sconces on each side of the fireplace, we added books and baskets to all the shelves, we changed out a big piece of furniture in the room, we added a clock, we hung some new architectural pieces above the fireplace, & so much more. So, so , so, so much more. It’s basically a new room & Jose & I are so happy with how it came out. I will be doing a whole post on this space very soon because it’s been a long time coming!
We started moving stuff into the sunroom. This room is connected to the kitchen & they are both FAR from being finished, but for the thing this week we wanted to clean both of these spaces up & there was SO MUCH stuff in this space like tools & things that were just dropped off in this area through all the construction. We cleaned it all up & now it’s ready for some decor. Of course in a few weeks we will have to stain the floors once the floors are acclimated & hopefully by the end of next month we might have a kitchen and a sunroom.. how exciting is that?!
A plate wall! You guys know we have had plates on our walls many times in many of our homes, but when we did it in this house before I just wasn’t loving it… it was boring me. So this weekend we took down the plates on both sides of the large hutch in our dining room & made one large plate wall on one side of the hutch. I’ll be sharing how we did it & tips and tricks soon, but I just had to share a sneak peek on how it turned out.
Our bedroom got a huge facelift this weekend. Our room has been untouched & looking pretty horrible lately. We plan on gutting this space later, but we were both so sick of the room not being pretty & it had to be for this week… so we went at it! We hung new curtains [ I will be sharing these later, holy cow they are my favorite we have ever had. ever.], we added a bench to the end of the bed, we put a new rug under the bed from Magnolia Home, we added a big piece of furniture, moved furniture around, & added some new art & greenery. Our room looks like a whole new space!
We did so much more than this, but I won’t bore you with the barn cleaning, floor sweeping, carpet vacuuming, art hanging, furniture moving, & porch styling. We will get to that later! For now, these are some changes we made this weekend & I hope you enjoyed getting the glimpse at our DIY weekend. I can’t wait to share with you our exciting week ahead, but stay tuned to the blog, Instagram, & Facebook for more behind the scenes. Also, be sure to stop by the blog daily as I go more in depth on all of these projects and more. THANK YOU guys for being with us on this fixer upper journey through all the weird seasons and things we are doing. We love you all and are so grateful for you! xx