Ummm WOW!!! So, if you follow me on Instagram you probably saw my over-excited story and IG post of our new adventures of editing presets. In case you missed it, WE LAUNCHED SOME PHOTO PRESETS!! We were so excited to launch our first set of presets after many many requests by you guys to share how we edit our photos. After tweaking our presets and perfecting them for our us here at White Cottage Farm we decided we were finally ready to share them with you. This preset page will be updated often with new presets & even another very exciting launch next week. We launched our first set of presets to be used with Lightroom and Lightroom Mobile Apps. Shortly after the announcement of the presets, we received a few questions that we felt we wanted to hop on here real quick and address… Hopefully we can answer some questions and make this a fun an easy tool to be used on your favorite photos. We love inspiring you with cozy decor inspiration daily & now we can help you make your photos the coziest they can be as well.
- What is a preset? A preset is a jump start to editing your photos. All photos can be “edited” after you take them. Common edits are done by adjusting exposure, highlights, whites, blacks, shadows, and contrast. There are many other areas to adjust but that gets very complicated the more you go down that road. We have edited a lot of photos over the years here on the blog. And in doing so, we found ourselves making the same or very similar adjustments to all our photos in order to get the cohesive look across the blog. Those adjustments can be saved, and thats is what how we made our presets.
- Can these presets be used on mobile and desktop? Absolutely! These preset can be used on both the Desktop version of Lightroom and Lightroom Mobile. We use these presets on our high quality images that we use on the blog AND we use them on our Instagram photos daily.
- What is Lightroom? Lightroom is a very popular photo editing application from Adobe. Its is unbelievable powerful, and is widely used across all the levels of photography. Lightroom comes in a desktop format and Mobile, and if you purchase a Creative Cloud Account you can sync them together, allowing for all you edited photos to appear on your phone or your computer at the same time.
- How do I get Lightroom? Lightroom can be downloaded on your desktop from Adobe and the mobile app can be downloaded from your Apple or Android App Store.
- I purchased the preset but the download went away. Its okay! Shortly after you purchase your preset you will receive an email with a link to your download. (We have had reports of the email taking a little over a 1/2 hour… please be patient)
- I purchased my preset, now what? If you follow the instruction link that is sent to you email, you will get a set by step process on how to get the preset into Lightroom. The best practice is downloading it from a Desktop or Laptop following the steps to unzip the file & import your .dng file into Lightroom. Here is the link you will you receive: INSTRUCTION GUIDE
- Do I have to buy all three presets? No you do not. We considered grouping them together and providing them as a pack, but we thought you may want to pick and choose. At the bottom of each individual preset page, you will see a split screen of before and after. You can move the split screen to the left or right to see what the entire image would look like with that particular preset. If you can’t decide… just get all three!
- Will you becoming out with more presets? Yes! I hope to add to the collection down the road. As the seasons change and different tones in our life are used, presets may need to be adjusted and new ones may need to be created. We are naming them after our farm animals, and we have a few more farm characters to name presets after.
- If I run into issues, how do I get them resolved? Its just Jose and I over here, so please be patient. If you download your preset, please be patient and wait for the email. It has taken some people around 30 minutes to receive the email. If you are having issues after the download, we can do our best to help, email us at email@example.com and title it Preset Assistance Needed.
- Can I change the strength of the preset? Yes & no. There isn’t a one step way to lessen the strength of the preset, but you can play around with the lighting, color, sharpness, & more to have it best fit every photo perfectly. I would start with the light tab if you want to make any changes to the presets.
- What prompted us to open up a little online shop? As we announced a few weeks ago we have started our journey with adoption. We have received a bunch of insight and recommendations. All have different stories, but the common ingredient across all of the adoption stories is how much it is going to cost. We have opened a dedicated adoption email and paypal (firstname.lastname@example.org) and all items sold through our blog will go to that account. It is our hope that we can sell things through the journey to help fund our adoption, and any overage we can help fund another adoption in some way.
- Will you be adding more to your online shop? YES!! We are so excited to be launching more exciting things very soon. Be sure to subscribe to our email list to be kept up on all the latest launches!
- Can I exchange my item? All items are final sale.
Thank you guys so much for making this such an exciting launch for us & we are excited to see all of your photos edited with our presets! Hashtag your photos with #LMBpresets & tag me @LizMarieGalvan so that I can see your edited photos & share them! You can see our shop page [HERE] with all of the presets & how they look on different photos. Each preset also has a slider as shown below to show you before and afters of each of the presets. Thank you guys for stopping by the blog today & every single day to see what we are up to! If you have any more questions leave them below or find me on Instagram [HERE]. Enjoy!! xx