Happy November Friends! Today I wanted to share 10 simple ways to decorate for Christmas on the blog. Whether you are ready to go all out for Christmas or just want a few small touches there is something here for everyone! I personally start off decorating slowly and then add more throughout the month. I hope this inspires you for decorating your home for the holidays.
- Add a wreath or garland: Automatically bring Christmas into any room of your home by adding a garland or a wreath to your regular decor. This is a great way to transition your staple decor pieces to Christmas!
2. Simple Centerpiece: Set up a simple Christmas centerpiece in your dining table. Here I used this sled I painted white & some of my green jars with winter greenery in them!
3. Bring Out The Santa Mugs: Collect Santa mugs like I do? Bring those out & it’s instantly Christmas! I have a bunch of different ones as I love collecting these but even a few mugs will bring Christmas into the kitchen!
4. Hang Your Festive Garland: Have any cute festive garlands? Hang those up! Whether they say merry christmas, are festive mittens, mini bottle trees, or something else they are the perfect touch to any space for the holidays.
5. Bring Ornaments Into Your Vignettes: Add ornaments to any of your vignettes for a small touch of Christmas. I love putting ornaments in jars, cloches, bowls, or anything else on hand to display on shelves or vignettes!
6. Put Out The Christmas Pillows: Quickly transform your living area to the holiday season with your accent pillows. Bring out your favorite holiday pillow and add it to your current neutral pillows for a cozy touch of Christmas!
7. Repurpose Ribbon In Your Decor: One of my favorite affordable ways to quickly add Christmas to any space. Any ribbon you have can be added to your garland or coffee table for a fun and festive centerpiece!
8. Put Out Your Small Trees: The small trees are always easier to bring out than the large Christmas trees. Start by adding a small Christmas tree here and there!
9. Set Up A Hot Cocoa Bar: You guys know I love a drink bar and a hot cocoa bar is one of my favorites! This is a super fun way to add Christmas decor that everyone can enjoy.
10. Simple Coffee Table Decor: I added this Letter’s To Santa box & a tinsel tree to the coffee table for a quick touch of Christmas! This could be super cute even without the ornaments for a subtle touch.
Bonus: If you are craving a natural Christmas, mix in cozy textures with pillows, lighting, rugs, greenery, & Christmas trees. Add in lots of wood tones to bring in warmth, & as always… don’t be scared to play around & make your Christmas decor your own version of cozy!!
I hope these 10 simple and practical tips help you decorate your home for Christmas! You can implement as many or as few of these ideas as you’d like and work with what you have in your Christmas decor collection. Don’t forget to pin & save for later if you aren’t quite ready for Christmas decor yet. Want even more inspiration for winter & Christmas decor? Head over here on the blog!